Every piece of furniture is made using a kiln-dried hardwood frame using timber from sustainable harvested forests and is assembled with professional expertise for stability and longevity.
We mainly use 3 types of wood:
- Beech - This is one of our main woods. It is a highly stable hardwood. This is one of the hardest timbers, and provides an excellent base for colouring, staining and lacquer.
- Birch - This ranks at the top of the hardness scale.
- Oak - This has good stability, combined with bold grain and texture.
- Walnut - A dark hardwood with lustre and grain which is a more decorative used for show wood legs.
We use 2 types of steel springs – Serpentine or Coil
- Serpentine - Zigzag across the seat or the back and offer excellent comfort over an extended lifespan.
- Coil - These have a conical shape and are placed individually in a vertical position. the benefit of these are they can move up and down and side to side for a very even seat.
- Feather and Down - Our most luxurious filling although it needs a little plumping up to help their keep their shape. The feather gives the cushion its substance and support, and blending in the down gives the cushions a luxurious feel.
- Foam-wrapped Fibre - This is the most popular cushion filling which we can provide 3 different densities of foam to suit different feels and is wrapped in a polyester wadding and gorse.
- Polyfibre - This is used is back cushions only and is filled with 100% fibre fillings and is a modern version of a feather and down back cushion.
- Foam Wrapped Feather - A luxury cushion filling and best of both worlds combining a foam core and wrapped in feather and down quilting.
The fabrics are hand cut for pattern balance and then precisely matched and stitched giving comfort and durability.